Unfortunately, visiting your local brick and mortar post office won't help, because the real savings happens online. Believe it or not, whether you've got one customer or thousands, USPS.com has several FREE tools to help YOU save money and time. These tools are so simple you'll wonder how you ever managed without them.
I'd like to call your attention to 7 ridiculously easy ways to save money and time using USPS.com:
1. Order shipping supplies - your supplies will be sent directly to your office or home.
Instead of purchasing boxes, envelopes, tubes and stickers USPS has various sized boxes perfect for items that range from large drawings, fishing rods and golf clubs to one or two DVDs or CDs. The envelopes are ideal for sending letters, cards, and other small documents.
2. Print and pay for shipping labels - your labels will be printed without leaving your desk.
Instead of standing in line to determine price and postage print professional shipping labels, pay for postage with any major credit card, calculate and compare postage. Create an address book to standardize information and view shipping history. You can easily do it via vipparcel.com.
3. Track and confirm mailings - your delivery status information will be sent by email.
Instead of spending time entering tracking numbers have the updates can be sent to as many as three email addresses for a period of 2 weeks following your request.
4. Schedule a pickup - your carrier will pick up from your home or office at a time and place convenient for you.
Instead of spending time loading packages in the car, standing in line and using your gas you can schedule your Carrier Pickup up to 3 months in advance. Your request can be extended as long as your future dates are within the 3 month time frame.
5. Use PC Postage - you will be able to download postage and use your standard printer.
Instead of waiting in line to purchase stamps PC Postage allows you to download postage and use your standard desktop printer to print it directly onto envelopes or labels for your mail or packages. You can also save money with the Forever stamp which remains valid for first-class postage regardless of any increases.
6. Use Direct Mail Services - you will be able to select the format style that best suits your business needs.
Instead of hiring a graphic artist use pre-designed templates to create a direct mail campaign use your own company logo to create customized direct mailings choose from cards, flyers, postcards, and more.
7. Open an express mail corporate account - you will be able to receive a 3% price reduction. Instead of waiting days for your packages to arrive get a guaranteed delivery time, quarterly rebates, monthly activity report and overnight deliver to most locations.
Posted on October 16, 2018