Before you can make your eCommerce business click, you need to take time to dwell on various aspects of your business and find ways of improving each. You might have a great product, but if your cheap packaging causes breakage or damage in transit, settling a damage claim means that you just lost a valuable customer forever. There are several products that need to be packaged with added care for eCommerce shipping. A few such products would include: electronic items, glassware, cosmetics, ceramics, medical devices, and so on.
Use the right packaging products and follow some tried-and-tested techniques to see a drastic reduction in product damage or breakage caused during transit. This ultimately translates into added customer confidence and better profits. A professionally-packaged item also accentuates your brand identity.
Here's how you can improve the quality and safety of your packaged products:
- Invest in a compact cushion-making machine that can help you make air cushions in different sizes for unmatched protection against impact and weight shifting. A high-quality cushion-making machine pays for itself with less claim damages, increased brand value, and reduced packaging time.
- Choosing the box type for eCommerce shipping is of prime importance. Make sure to choose a corrugated box that has not been used before. A used box has likely lost much of its protective strength already. Make sure that you adhere to the recommended gross weight limit of the box.
- Always remember to wrap each item safely with an air pillow. Make sure that the items don't touch each other or the walls of the box, as this makes them more susceptible to impact. Provide the necessary clearance using air cushions.
- Be very careful around the corners and movable components of each item. An air cushion with air transfer technology is recommended in such applications. When pressure is applied at a spot on the air cushion, the air moves to another cushion but doesn't pop.
- If you are shipping hollow items such as bowls, vases, or glasses, stuff the hollow space with an air cushion. This will serve as added protection to keep your fragile items from breaking or cracking under impact.
- If your eCommerce shipping package contains several flat items such as glass plates, don't forget to add a layer of inflated air cushion film between each flat item. These small layers between items can act as effective shock absorbers.
Once you have packed the entire product, shake the box lightly to make sure all the items are securely packed and nothing moves. Packaging material such as loose fills, paper, and pre-made bubble have several drawbacks that are making them less popular among shippers. A table-top just-in-time air pillow making machine will certainly prove to be a better alternative to these conventional packaging materials.
Posted on September 13, 2018