Submit Your US Postal Service Change of Address Online and Avoid the Lines at the Post Office

There are probably few things in life that are more stressful than moving. This is especially true if you have a lot of stuff to move. You have so much to do, and so little time to do it all. One of the things on your moving list is (or at least should be) to submit a US Postal Service Change of Address to your post office. But when you are moving it may be difficult to find time to get to the post office to do it.

If this sounds like you, I have good news! You no longer have to go to the post office to fill out a US Postal Service Change of address form. You can do it right on line in the comfort of your home. And the simple one page form only takes about 2 minutes to fill out. Fill in the requested information, click submit, and you can scratch this mundane task off of your list.

You can then rest assured that you will not miss any important mailings. Bills, statements, checks, correspondence from friends and family will all be forwarded to your new address. In fact, all First Class mail that is still addressed to your old address will be forwarded to your new address for a full year. So any birthday cards and gifts, holiday cards, etc. that are sent from people who do not have your new address will still be received by you and you can then inform them of your new address. After a year goes by, the Postal Service returns the mail to the sender, and for 6 months notifies them of your new address by placing a sticker on the envelope.



Posted on December 13, 2018