eBay sellers have been inundated with offers of free shipping in the recent past. Obviously, most buyers love the thought of not having to spare a penny for getting their products shipped. For eBay, this may help to increase sales remarkably and possibly even draw greater traffic to the site. Moreover, the site also gains an edge over its business competitors and is likelier to get higher rankings in search engines once the keywords "free shipping" are typed.
eBay is a great way to earn cash but shipping costs may eat into this profit. Buyers know that they must pay shipping charges but avoid overcharging them. To lower shipping costs and yet keep customers satisfied you can think of quality packaging materials that are affordable and recycle boxes or tissues that you get when you buy clothing and accessories. You can start printing online labels on cheap paper with each containing a receipt that has the buyer's tracking number using a service like Vipparcel. Finally it is advisable to take advantage of priority shipping, which provides you with all free packing materials. When customers receive their goods on time they give great feedback that can in turn boost sales.
- You can search the eBay for just those items with the free shipping tags that helps to save both money and time. All you have to do is pick out the store you want to shop in and browse for only items that can be shipped for free.
- The eBay daily deal website has a list of items on eBay with heavy discounts and shipping free of charge where you can register to receive the discounts and get free shipping alerts.
- The site freeshipping.org allows you to get free shipping for as many as 850 stores, but in some cases a minimum purchase may be required.
- Free shipping offers are also available at couponcabin.com, which contains a catalogue of merchants' names offering this facility. Some of the stores provide discounts on purchases as well.
- Shipping costs are free in walmart.com and all you must do is search for the item online and identify the "site to store" icon after which you simply type in the address where it has to be delivered.
- For those shipping goods inside the U.S., they can resort to First Class Mail services where package delivery charges are minimal and delivery takes place on time.
- Another option is to make use of USPS or Priority Mail free services for items weighing greater than 14 ounces.
- Make use of Priority Mail Tyvek envelopes and not boxes because these are less weighty and charges are automatically lesser.
- Over packing charges more so be careful to pack using less packaging materials.
- Invest regularly in poly mailers and labels, which are found easily on eBay.
- Find out how you can acquire free boxes when you are shipping items through Media Mail or First Class or Parcel Post.
- The easiest way to save on shipping costs is by shipping online through the USPS.
Shipping results influence feedback on eBay and to make sure feedbacks are positive and shipping costs low, the above advice can prove useful. If you can enforce good shipping practices, your business credibility grows. And you can end up making customers for life.
Posted on September 25, 2018